It's often difficult to address the price issue (especially for Web development), since every customer, and every Web Site, is different. Factors such as the number of pages, the complexity of the site, custom logos and graphics, animation, photo scanning, Java and CGI programming, and e-commerce all combine to influence the ultimate cost of your site. Web design is still a fairly labor intensive service, and of course, time is money. Which is not to say that you canīt find bargains out there, but as with many other things in life, you usually get what you pay for. Art work and print media/graphic design are usually a little more straight forward and easier to estimate costs.
Typically, Web by Design, Inc. will give you a Project Quote for a new Web Site or other large project. Hourly charges are usually applied only for small projects, ongoing maintenance, or minor redesign work for an existing Web Site, logo, or brochure.
To give you something that may help estimate the cost, here are some basic guidelines: (please note that your actual project cost could vary from the prices listed below).
Web development & Hosting:
- Bronze (On-line brochure) - This a simple 1-3 page website with minimal graphics. This is an affordable way to get a presence on the web, and it can be upgraded in the future if your needs change (no email accounts are included, but we will forward your mail to an existing account if you have one). 10 mb of disk storage.
Setup: $15 (one time fee)
- Silver - This is our personal or small business Website. It comes with custom graphics, forms, external links, 15 email accounts, animation, and more (they typically contain 5-15 pages). 50 mb of disk storage.
Setup: $25 (one time fee)
- Gold - This is our high-end small to medium size business Website. They come with all the features of Silver, with the addition of: database integration, custom programming, on-line catalog with PayPal shopping cart, 50 email accounts, SSL, and more (they typically contain 10-50 pages). 100 mb of disk storage.
Setup: $50 (one time fee)
Graphic Design & Logo Design:
- Full color magazine ad layouts, and tri-fold brochures: $300-$500
- B/W newspaper ads, phone book ads: $100-$300
- Print and / or Web Logos: Most vector logos can be completed for $100-$150
A La Carte Services and Maintenance Fees:
- Basic Web Pages: - $70/page
- Web Site updates: - $30/hour
- Custom graphics: - $40/hour
- Custom GIF/Flash animations: - $55/hour
- Digital Photo correction/enhancement: - $40/hour
- Domain name registration (.com, .net, .org) - 1yr. $25, 2yr. $40, 5yr. $90
If you would like us to contact you, please take a moment to fill out our on-line consultation form so that we can better understand your design and/or hosting needs.